A wise man once said, “life is better with a beard.” He was right. Beards aren’t a fad either, and if history has taught us anything it’s that they’re here to stay. Ancient Egyptians, the 300 Spartans, Abe Lincoln, and Mr. T all had one thing in common – Beards!
So if beards are the key to a happy life, then knowing how to grown one is crucial! Now that we agree on that, here are 5 tips to growing an amazing beard:
1. Patience. Too often people throw in the towel prematurely; before they’ve given themselves a chance be successful. It’s a process, and you need to treat it as such. Unless you are related to Sasquatch you won’t be able to grow a beard overnight. Let it happen, and remember you can’t rush greatness.
2. Upkeep. There is no question that taking proper care of your beard will help it grow. The problem is there are so many beard care products on the market that are harmful. Many companies use ingredients and chemicals that are way too harsh and will actually prevent healthy growth. The longer the ingredient list, the more careful you need to be.
3. Shape. There are so many different styles when it comes to growing a beard, and although you can always change your mind or start over it’s good to pick which direction you’re going in right off the bat. Many people cut the beard too close to the jawline and then realize it was a mistake. In general, the beard line should be slightly above the Adam’s apple.
4. Trim. Regardless of what kind of beard you have, cutting the split and dead-end hairs is necessary. Although you may initially “lose” a little bit of beard length, it promotes healthy growth and you will absolutely see the results.
5. Diet. Believe it or not, the types of foods you eat drastically affect beard growth. You’ve heard the expression “you get out of something what you put into it.” Beards are very much like that. Some of the best foods for beard growth are salmon, green vegetables, berries, avocado, and almonds just to name a few. Eat well, grow well – it’s science actually.
There you have it. 5 tips for growing an amazing beard. Implement each of these and may your beard never be the same. Good luck, gentlemen.